Visible Hands | 2021 Fellowship
Visible Hands is a 14-week, full-time, virtual-first fellowship program designed to support underrepresented talent in finding their co-founding teams and building technology startups from scratch. Through this fellowship, Visible Hands provides investments of up to $200k, company building-services, and access to a national network of industry experts, founders, and investors.
The virtual-first fellowship requires a full-time commitment. Learn more about the program here.
We will be assessing candidates on a rolling basis, so for your best chance, don't wait!
Priority deadline: April 16, 2021 at 11:59pm ET
Regular deadline: May 7, 2021 at 11:59pm ET
- 18+ years old at the start of the fellowship
- Your gender and/or racial identity is underrepresented in tech. This includes, but isn't limited to:
- Nonbinary, genderqueer, or gender non-conforming
- Black or African American
- Indigenous American, American Indian, or Alaska Native
- Pacific Islander or Hawaiian Native
- Program requires full-time participation
- You are early along in company-building: you may be floating ideas around, looking for co-founders, or working on an early prototype.
- If you have already received a small amount of investment or grant dollars for your company, you may still be eligible to apply. However, some arrangements may affect our ability to invest in your company and prevent us from offering you a spot in our cohort. If you fall into this category, please email us at email@example.com, and we will assess your situation on an individual basis.
Please email us if you are unsure about your eligibility.
Our selection process is designed to find exceptional individuals who can succeed in our program and beyond. All fellows will receive individual upfront investments of $25k, and receive the opportunity for additional investment of up to $175k at the conclusion of the fellowship. The process spans about six weeks from when applications close.
We will always notify you via email with updates on your application status. You can also track your application status and view required tasks through the Survey Monkey Apply platform. We will continue to use this platform throughout the process to provide instructions and collect supplementary materials from our applicants.
- Written Application: We will learn more about you through a series of short answer questions. All applications will be reviewed by a team of Visible Partners (our diverse network of industry experts, experienced founders, and investors).
- Recorded Interviews: You will be invited to submit short recorded responses to a set of interview questions. This will allow us to hear more about your strengths, problem-solving skills, and passions.
- Skills Review: We will invite you to a virtual project review and interview to hear more about your previous work experience and understand how your skill set can be applied in building and launching a startup.
- Group Workshop: In this final stage, you will participate in a virtual workshop with a group of other finalists. Over the course of a few hours, you will get a chance to pitch and discuss business ideas and collaborate on further developing one of these ideas.
- Offer: We will send out decisions by early July, along with more information on next steps in starting your entrepreneurial journey with Visible Hands.
Learn more about who Visible Hands is for, what we look for in our fellows, and what the selection process looks like here.